
It's crazy how much can happen to two people in 7 years and a lot of it I would have never expected would happen to me! Our story goes back 8 years from now when I was going to my second and final year at Ricks College. My plan was to transfer to BYU and see where that took me. My roommates and I were asked to conduct the first Ward prayer of the year. As in most new students wards, we were always looking around trying to find the cute guys. I spotted Jake before it started and asked my roommate if she knew who he was since he was sitting by a few of her old friends from high school. She said she didn't so we continued with ward prayer. According to Jake he said he saw me sitting up in front and it was all over! He knew he had to talk to me. We didn't officially meet until later that night at my neighbors apartment. They were playing games and we stopped by and Jake said hi and started talking to me. He asked me out two weeks later and it was the best first date ever! After that we were inseparable!
Halloween Party 2000
We became engaged in April but were not able to get married until August because I went to Europe for 5 weeks with the Ricks College Folk Dance Team. It was really hard to leave him, but it was such an amazing experience! We traveled to Poland, Austria and Hungary and performed at the festivals there. I got home 5 days before the big day! We had to have everything ordered and picked out before I left and then my wonderful mom and husband-to-be did the rest of the work while I was gone! Everything turned out perfect and we were married in the Bountiful Temple on Aug. 28, 2001!




Now we have two beautiful children, Jake has a wonderful job and I can stay at home with the kids! What more could anyone ask for. We had our ups and downs getting to this point, but it has made us a stronger family.





5 comments:
awww, How cute! Happy Anniv. you guys. What a cute love story. You guys look so young and still are. Anyways, Happy Anniv. again.
Has it been 7 years?! I feel old. :( By the way, I will never forget Mulletville. :) I ran across some old college pictures the other day and remembered that---oh yeah, and our Spice Girls talent show night the year before...good times, good times.
Happy 7th!!! You guys are great together!!!
I found your blog from the Mowrey's. Glad to find another blog to stalk!
Happy Anniversary Manley's!
Happy Anniversary! Loved your beautiful wedding pictures!
Post a Comment