Friday, September 5, 2008

Maggie's First Day of School!

Yesterday was Maggie's first day of Kindergarten!! I can't believe I have a child in school! She was so excited and all smiles the whole morning. It made me feel better that she was so excited.





The one thing she was most excited about was wearing her new backpack and using her lunch box! We got them for her about a month ago and she's been talking about school ever since.




As soon as we got to school and pinned on her name she turns to me and says, "Bye Mom!" I had to tell her I wasn't leaving yet! She was ready to go, even before I was. This whole week I have been having those crazy before school dreams like I would have while I was in school. You know the ones, where you can't get to school on time, you forget your homework, or you show up at school with your pajamas on! They are the worst and I kept having those dreams with getting Maggie to school. Last night I had dreams that I didn't get the paperwork back to her school on time! I hope they stop or this is going to be a long school year. :)


All the kids had to find a blue dot to stand on and wait for the teachers to bring them into their classroom.


When I picked up Maggie she was still all smiles! She had a great first day of school and this morning she was up bright and early asking if it was time to go to school. It's too bad this kind of enthusiasm can't last forever!

4 comments:

jksfam said...

She's so cute! I wish she and Megan could still be friends! Yeah for school!!!

Sarah said...

She is beautiful, Melissa! It is fun to see her all smiles for school. How crazy that you have one in Kindergarten...time flies.

Angie said...

Is her school all day? She looked so cute in her new school gear.

Ashley said...

There is something so special about backpacks and lunch boxes. She looks so excited and so darling! What a big day!