Monday, July 28, 2008

Comic-con 2008 San Diego: Battlestar Galactica Panel

My friend Steve got me a pass to Comic Con in San Diego on Saturday (the best day to be there) and we were both stoked because our favorite show (Battlestar Galactica - best show on TV) was going to be there. So we left REAL early to beat traffic and get good parking and we did. Then we were standing in line to get into the exhibits around 9 am and we start talking to this dude behind us and tell him that we want to see the Battlestar panel at 2:15 and he says, "Then what are you doing here? You'd better go get in line RIGHT AWAY, since there are already a ton of people waiting to get in!" So I ran over there and sure enough there were literally approximately 2000 people already in line! I couldn't believe it. So after the 15 minute walk to finally get to the end of the line I found myself outside and at the end of the huge convention center. Pretty amazing! I finally got in the room and got a GREAT seat about a third of the way back and right in the center. The bad part was that I had to stay in the room until 2:15 to see Battlestar. The good part was that I saw the Futurama, Simpsons, Dean Koontz, and Dollhouse panels. It was all really entertaining and I hung out with John and Mark my new found aspiring Hollywood writer friends I met while standing in line.

Okay, here are the pictures - ENJOY!

Futurama: On the left is Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons and Futurama. A very rich man. The lady in the middle is Katey Sagal from Married With Children.








I took pictures of The Simpsons panel but they were all blurry. Luckily this one turned out okay.






New York Times Bestselling Author Dean Koontz. He was surprisingly funny and quite entertaining. I'm gonna check out his books. He had TONS of fans there.






Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer among others), Eliza Dushku (absolutely gorgeous), and Tahmoh Penikett (Helo from Battlestar) made up the Dollhouse panel. It's a new show that will be on Fox in the fall I believe. It sounds really cool. It was awesome to see Helo!










Ahhh Battlestar........where do I begin?



To make an already long and boring story short.......Battlestar was frakking awesome and Jamie Bamber and Tamoh Penikett both showed up as a surprise (SOOOOO Sorry Melissa) to round out almost the complete cast of the show's main characters. It was awesome and we got to see a SuuuWHEAT preview of season 4.5 that will be coming in 2009. Can you say, "Bill Adama locked up in the airlock???" :) Wow!






Ron Moore and David Eick, the Co-Executive Producers.





Tahmoh Penikett, Jamie Bamber, and Michael Trucco of Battlestar Galactica.



It was absolutely awesome to see Katee Sackhoff!



The whole crew.




Tricia Helfer, James Callis and Ron Moore.











Katee and Tricia together! So awesome!





























It was hilarious because the ballroom we were in has a 6500 people capacity and it was absolutely packed for Battlestar. Well as soon as the panel was over about 6400 people made a mass exodus to the doors! It was pretty funny how hardly anyone stayed for Chuck which was the next panel.......sorry chuck.

No comments: