Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Maggie!

It's hard to believe, but Maggie turned 8 years old! It just doesn't seem possible. She is growing up too fast! Since she was turning 8 we let her have a birthday party this year, so we made it a Tangled theme. It was last minute planning, but with the help of this website we were able to throw together a fun party for Maggie and her friends.

These jello cups and orange boats are inspired by the part where Flynn and Rapunzel are in the boat watching the lanterns.


Jake's awesome artwork! We played pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider


Since making a tower cake was a little too much for me, I figured my cupcake tower would be good enough.


The group of girls


On her official birthday she opened lots of fun gifts, including a new bike and cute clothes, but she was really excited about this present.

Cute scripture bag to go with them

The three musketeers!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Eight?!? She is beautiful girl.
The party looks like a huge success. I plan to do parties for the kids at age 8, too. I guess well see what the theme for it ends up being when we get there...

Sherry Leal said...

It was a tradition in my family to get our first set of scriptures when we turned 8. I think that's a great time. And I love how happy we kids are/were to get them! I can't believe how fast time flies.

jksfam said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie!!! So fun! That bag is super cute and I think Megan might like one like that, too. Where is it from?

Streett's said...

Happy Birthday Maggie!! Such a cute picture of all 3 kids! We miss you all, Stockton is constantly talking about when Josh comes to Boise, so if you ever come you'll have to call us!:)

Melissa said...

My mom got the bag at Seagull Book and Tape. They also have them on-line in pink and red

Kris said...

They are all getting so big! Congrats on your baptism, Maggie! Love the bag too. That grunion run looks pretty fun! I bet my kids would have a blast looking for them. I've never heard of them before. I am so behind on my blog too. Just so many things going on! Thanks for the update!