Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a month we have had. First I got the flu, then our car got rear-ended, then we all have had bad colds. I'm glad that November is over! We did end the month with a fun Thanksgiving. Jake's family came to visit us and instead of cooking all day and then cleaning up for the rest, we ate at Marie Callendars! It was stress free and fun. It's always nice to have family come and visit.

The gang at Marie Callendars, yummy :)






Claire is funny when we see family again. She's always so shy and won't go to anyone but me. She finally was smiling and being cute with Grandpa.


Thanksgiving night we didn't have any leftovers, but I figured we would need some more pie, so I made a chocolate peanut butter pudding pie with peanut butter cups on top. Jake pretty much ate the whole pie himself.


Claire sharing pie with Grandma. Her cute whip cream mustache


We took everyone to Randy's Donuts and they loved it. This picture was taken during our second trip in two days




We went to the beach and pier. These are some cute ones of Claire






When I had the flu, Jake took the day off work and headed to the beach with Claire and Josh. Thought I would share these since I love pictures by the pier.




3 comments:

Sherry Leal said...

I've warmed up to the idea of doing Thanksgiving at a restaurant, but I don't think Robert would ever go for it. To his credit, he does a lot of the cooking (even though I do the cleaning). No leftovers would be a bummer, but it would limit your splurging to one day.

Sarah said...

No fun that you've been sick.

How nice to have family come down to visit for Thanksgiving...and have them go out to a restaurant rather than having you host and cook it all (the pie looks yummy).

Kris said...

Glad you are all feeling better. I think we've all got some sort of bug or something - can't seem to get rid of the congestion, coughing, etc. That is so crazy that you can play on the beach with shorts on in November! That pie looks dang good. I bet it was nice not to have to travel for the holidays.