Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone and they just get busier and busier. Our year ended with a fun trip to Utah for Christmas. We had a good time with our families and snow. We realized while there that we prefer California winters :)







This post can be my unofficial, late, Christmas card...

Maggie: turned 7, started 2nd grade and lost her two front teeth. The famous Christmas song was sung many times around our house this last year. She still loves to read, draw, dance and play teacher (mostly so she can boss Josh around even more then usual) She will be baptized this year which is beyond crazy!!





Joshua: turned 5 and will be starting preschool so he can be ready for Kindergarten. I had the option of putting him in Kindergarten this last year, but felt he needed to stay back and mature a little more. He played his first season of Soccer and loved it! We had many people come up to us after the game and comment on how fast he is. He just loves to run, build legos, and anything Star Wars.





Claire: turned 1 this year! Learned how to walk and tries to run around with the kids. She is so fun and adorable. She doesn't talk yet, but signs more (for everything), thank you and all done. She's very observant and loves to be in the middle of everything. She's mommies little shadow.





Melissa: I was released this year as our ward's Primary president which has been really nice and a big change. I feel lost at church sometimes when I just get to sit and listen to all of the
lessons :) I'm now the ward choir director, which I'm still getting use to. I still stay home with the kids which I'm very grateful for.

Jake: Works for Northrop Grumman and hit is 5 year mark in July. He's the Executive Secretary in our ward. He's a very busy guy and works so hard to provide for our family. He still enjoys playing the guitar in his spare time - which doesn't happen very often.

We hope everyone has a wonderful year!

3 comments:

Angie said...

It looks like you had a fun, cold, Christmas and New Year...we like the warm better too. All though, it is fun to visit!

Kris said...

Crazy how fast they grow up, huh? Wish we were in CA right about now! Dreary, cold, snowy, slushy - that about sums up Indiana right now!

Becky Mendoza said...

Hi Melissa!
Your kiddos are sooo adorable! I'm so glad we were able to visit for five minutes way back when! :) I'm glad things are going well for you guys! I was the ward choir director once and I hated it!!! I wasn't very confident and didn't have a clue what I was doing! Good times! I'm sure you'll be much better than I was! And I think about you every so often on snowy days and wonder if you miss it! Take care! :)