Sunday, September 28, 2008

Recent Happenings

Jake has every other Friday off, so we decided to go and explore on his day off and chose to drive along Mulholland Dr. We stopped off at the Stone Canyon Reservoir and had lunch and went hiking. It was fun to get away from the city and be around nature.

This is the view down to the valley from Mulholland Dr. You can't see very well, because it was a smoggy day.

We found a little excluded spot with a pond full of ducks and turtles. This is one of the many turtles that swam up to us.

We found a nice spot under a huge tree to have our lunch.

Another stop along our drive was a look-out for the Hollywood sign.


Work Party
Every year Jake's work has a big Open House where family and friends can come and check out where they work. When we first moved here I was big and pregnant with Joshua, now it's our fourth time going! I can't believe we have been here that long!

There are a lot of fun things for the kids to do. This astronaut picture is classic!

I'm always complaining that we don't have a lot of pictures with all of us in them, so I asked
someone to take our picture.

They always have a face painting station. Maggie got a butterfly and a bunny and Joshua got a T-rex. Everything is about T-Rex's with that kid.


There are also a lot of rides for the kids to go on. Joshua was too small for a few of them, so we just watched from the side.

There was a huge slide that the kids loved! We got there early enough that the line wasn't too long, so they went up and down several times.


The kids on a ride. Joshua not looking at the camera, what's new?!

Maggie went on this swing ride. We were surprised she went all by herself because she's not very brave when it comes to rides. She had a fun time though and was just hanging out in the swing.


As I was saying early about not having a lot of pictures of all of us together, I decided that one day after church we would set up our camera and do the timer. It took several attempts, but we got a decent one.


Primary Program
Today was our ward's Primary Program. Being the Primary President has been challenging, but seeing all the children work so hard for this day and do an awesome job is definitely worth the craziness of this calling. My counselors are amazing, and they worked so hard to help put it together.

For a reward for doing so great with the program, we had cookies and ice cream for the children and then played Pictionary. We have a very large Primary and giving all of those kids sugar was quite a sight to see. I would say the day was a success though; now on to the next thing!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

You guys are a bunch of hotties!

metromut said...

the astronaut picture is one of my most favorite ever. glad to see you guys are rockin' l.a. later dudes.

jksfam said...

Looks like lots of fun times together! You guys look great - as always! I'm glad you got your program done. Ours will be the 23rd of Nov. We have 155 kids that need a part. Last year it was 113, so I'm sure we'll go over this year just based on that. We actually ended a little early last year. I'm sure you're doing a great job with that Primary. I miss that ward, but like our current one, too. Send me any tips!

Sarah said...

You've been busy. I'm glad that you're primary program went well...and that you had a chance as a family to head out of the city for a break. Great family pictures. It is rare around here to have everyone in it too. You look great!

Angie said...

I had no idea that you were the primary president. If I knew, I forgot. WOW! That is a lot of work! Our primary program was postponed until the week after General Conference, because of the hurricane. I am ready to have it over with.
You are very brave to give that many kids sugar! I gave the kids 2 starburst candies once, and a teacher complained that I was sugaring up the kids and then sending them off to class for her to deal with. (:

Ashley said...

I feel like we never have very many pictures of all of us together as well. You did great getting all these beautiful pictures together! Looks like you found a beautiful spot to relax and have a fun day together!

Brad and Jenn said...

You have such a cute little family! I love the astronaut pictures! I'm so glad to see what you're up to all of these years later!