Thursday, September 24, 2009

Summer to Fall...

Well, the Never-Ending Summer of concerts and trips to the beach has officially ended and that means the best time of year is back again. There's nothing like that crisp night air, and colorful leaves turning to tell us that Autumn is ushering in the new school year and the start of college football! It's a magical time of year with the holidays right around the corner. I haven't had a chance to post any of my summer adventures since Claire was born but I had a fun summer and am enjoying this beautiful fall so far (even though my beloved Cougars fell hard to FSU last week). Here's a look back...

As many of you know I am a 311 junkie and this summer proved to be a little too much for my addiction to handle. They came out w/their new album UPLIFTER which (wouldn't ya know) my kids and beautiful wife love just as much as me! And when they ended up announcing 4 shows w/in 2 hours of L.A. well.....my friends and I just had to go. The highlight was meeting Tim Mahoney (lead guitarist) and Chad Sexton (drummer) backstage at the San Diego show!!! A million thanks to my good buddy Eric for the hook up!!!


miT


Chad


Front row in the smallest pit ever in Bakersfield! SO CLOSE!!! It was so fun!








Some good friends and I flew out to Dallas to visit our good friend Matt and go to the BYU/Oklahoma game at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. The stadium was amazing, the game was amazing and the trip was a blast!
The stadium is the largest domed structure in the world and cost 0ver 1.1 billion dollars to build - the place is huge and the video screen is 60 yards long!!! So awesome!






Bronco Mendenhall and Bob Stoops.










Post-game victory shot! I haven't been that happy since Sept. 8, 1990.






My awesome wife also "let me" go to the BYU/Florida State game in Provo. I hadn't been to a home game in 8 years so I got some tickets on eBay and went to the game with Melissa's brother Eric. The game didn't go so well for the cougs but it was a blast to be there. Campus and the stadium are so awesome and it was a beautiful fall night! We had a great time.












After the game I went home with my parents and spent a few days in Price. The drive through Spanish Fork Canyon between Provo and Price is really pretty this time of year. Here are a few pics of Price and the canyon.




















Some cool pics of a train going through the canyon.


No comments: