A few months after Jake and I got married he decided that spending money on haircuts was no longer necessary and that we should buy some clippers and I could start cutting his hair. My first thought was no way, but he eventually talked me into it. We went to Wal-mart, bought the clippers and headed home to cut his hair. Luckily the clippers came with an instructional video to watch which made it look easy. I have to say, I had beginners luck and gave him a decent haircut. Well, it's been almost 8 years now and I'm still cutting his hair. I made a break through the other night, when I cut his hair with scissors and not clippers. I've always wanted to try, so when I found this video on you-tube I knew I could do it. Who needs beauty school right, this simple video is good enough.
Well, I am proud to say that this video was good enough! It might have been another case of beginners luck, but I gave him a great haircut. Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture, and we haven't taken many pictures lately, so this was what his hair looked like last month.
And here he his with Joshua the day after his haircut. I really should start charging now that I've gone pro.
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Matt has been cutting his own hair for the last couple of years. I used to trim up the back but now he has figured out how to do that on his own too. It's nice to save a little money here and there.
We bought clippers soon after we were married, but it freaked me out so bad to do it! Jim did the boys' hair when they were little. This summer I gave them buzz cuts. All of the boys mostly go to the base for cuts, though. Yep, I'm a wimp. They probably don't trust me too much, either. Maybe I'll try again...
Matt was saying just the other day that he has definately gotten more than his moneys worth from the clippers we bought 3 years ago. (admittedly he gives HIMSELF a great cut...the price is right...and I don't even have to do any of it!)
Miss ~ I am so glad Brian has been cutting his hair for years. I would not do well under that kind of pressure. I am impressed.
Jake ~ It looks like you were in heaven at the NAMM. If I were going to choose a guitar it would be the one with the blue along the edges...pretty dang cool.
That video is great. I loved it. I cut all my guys hair too. However, once (at Purdue) I forgot to put the thing on the clippers (you know the thing with the numbers) and shaved a bald strip in the back of Dave's head. Did you ever see it? You might have. It was BAD. We were both tramatized by the experience, but we were so poor I kept on cutting it. Now, it is our little joke each time I go to cut his hair. Let this be a lesson to all. Don't forget to put the thing on the clippers!! By the way, you did an awesome job!
I remember when Ashley had that little hair-cutting experience! I learned to cut Kent's hair at an Enrichment night when we were dating and have been doing all my boys's hair ever since. So silly to pay for a guy's haircut! I definitely like Jake better with shorter hair! Well done, Melissa!
9 comments:
Matt has been cutting his own hair for the last couple of years. I used to trim up the back but now he has figured out how to do that on his own too. It's nice to save a little money here and there.
Jon hasn't has his hair cut anywhere but in our bathroom for 6 years. =) Lots of money saved! Y'all are seriously one good looking family!
And I just noticed your ticker! You're PREGNAAAAANT!!!!!!!! Sweet, congratualations. Can't wait to see what a cutie the third one is. =)
We bought clippers soon after we were married, but it freaked me out so bad to do it! Jim did the boys' hair when they were little. This summer I gave them buzz cuts. All of the boys mostly go to the base for cuts, though. Yep, I'm a wimp. They probably don't trust me too much, either. Maybe I'll try again...
Matt was saying just the other day that he has definately gotten more than his moneys worth from the clippers we bought 3 years ago.
(admittedly he gives HIMSELF a great cut...the price is right...and I don't even have to do any of it!)
You are right, any dumby can cut hair! Who needs a license! (:
Miss ~ I am so glad Brian has been cutting his hair for years. I would not do well under that kind of pressure. I am impressed.
Jake ~ It looks like you were in heaven at the NAMM. If I were going to choose a guitar it would be the one with the blue along the edges...pretty dang cool.
That video is great. I loved it. I cut all my guys hair too. However, once (at Purdue) I forgot to put the thing on the clippers (you know the thing with the numbers) and shaved a bald strip in the back of Dave's head. Did you ever see it? You might have. It was BAD. We were both tramatized by the experience, but we were so poor I kept on cutting it. Now, it is our little joke each time I go to cut his hair. Let this be a lesson to all. Don't forget to put the thing on the clippers!! By the way, you did an awesome job!
I remember when Ashley had that little hair-cutting experience! I learned to cut Kent's hair at an Enrichment night when we were dating and have been doing all my boys's hair ever since. So silly to pay for a guy's haircut! I definitely like Jake better with shorter hair! Well done, Melissa!
Post a Comment