Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I know, I'm way late putting these on. We had a good Halloween, but there were other events leading up to Halloween which made us wonder if we would even go out trick-or-treating. Our first drama was at the Ward Halloween party. Joshua was sick so Maggie and I went to the party. This his her before we left.

Everything was fine for a while until she saw a headless man in a big black coat roaming around the tables. It was all over from there. She was too scared to even finish her hot dog and we left early before the trick-or-treating began.

The next drama was the day of Halloween at school. All the kids got to wear their costumes for the Halloween parade. Jake and I got there late and when we found Maggie's class she was clutching to another girls mom scared as could be. I wouldn't have sent her, but it said the kids were not allowed to wear their masks to school. I guess that's not the case, or they make an exception for the parade. We ended up going back to her classroom and waiting until the parade was over and her class came back. She was probably the only child in the whole school not out enjoying the fun. This is her in the classroom.


Joshua walking to the parade.


Here is our annual sugar cookie decorating and pumpkin carving.






We wanted to do something different with our pumpkins this year. I think we did pretty well. :)



When it was time for trick-or-treating we were both surprised when Maggie said she wanted to go out. We did have to avoid one door which had a scary decoration, but it was a successful night. Maggie decided she didn't want to be a fairy anymore, so she's a cowgirl. Joshua was very excited to wear his Batman cape!


Maggie and Joshua got some vampire teeth from our favorite house in the neighborhood, Pres. and Sis. Hales. The kids just love them!
The candy!!!


Now that the excitement is over and most of the candy is gone they are already deciding what they want to be for next year. Joshua says he wants to be a ghost, and Maggie is going to be a witch. Until then.

9 comments:

hales said...

Those two kids are way too cute! They can trick-or-treat at our home anytime they want; all year round.

Sarah said...

I don't blame her fear after a headless man (at the church non the less!). I am glad that she made it over the fear and had a good night trick or treating. The costumes are cute. CUTE KIDS!

Ashley said...

Maggie is such a sweety. I don't like all that scary stuff either... She made a cute Fairy and a cute Cowgirl! She's one of those girl that can pull any look. ;) Josh's cape was really cool. Glad you guys had fun Hallwoeen!

Angie said...

That is sad when they get scared and can't enjoy the holiday. My friends kids are so scared of fireworks that they hide all 4th of July and then have to sleep with their parents all night. No fun. I'm glad yours turned out ok.

brooke said...

Hey- we made a Sleeping Beauty pumpkin too! Although, yours looks way better than mine turned out. Hannah got really scared at one of the houses we went to because when she rang the doorbell they started to flash the porch lights and then when the door opened, the guys was standing there in a huge sumo wrestling suit. She didn't want any candy from him!

Becki said...

What a sweetheart Maggie is. I'm glad they enjoyed Halloween despite the scary masks and costumes :)

Beth said...

Josh is getting so big.

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

I love how Josh is leaning on Jake's leg in the picture.

Corbaley Crew said...

Love the boots Maggie is wearing. I don't quite remember cowgirls wearing rain boots, but what do I know. They are two cute kids!