Thursday, November 20, 2008

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MELISSA!!!

Happy 28th Melissa! That's right, today is my beautiful wife's birthday. I am so blessed to have her in my life. I thought I would write a few things about her on her big day. Here goes...


10 Things You Don't Know About Melissa:
1- She has a bigger sweet-tooth than anyone I know!
2- She has never had a ticket or been in an accident. She's a very good driver.
3- She can clog and folk-dance like the dickens, has been performing/competing since she was little, and went on a dance tour of Europe in college.
4- She is the hardest working Primary President in the WORLD!!!
5- She is an amazing cook and makes delicious dinners EVERY NIGHT!
6- She loves to go to sporting events (I think it's because of the nachos!)
7- She rocks out and lets loose at rock concerts!
8- She hates dark chocolate. (but man does she love all of the other kinds)
9- She hates scary movies and is terrified of haunted houses (the fun kind during Halloween).
10- She is VERY competitive and hates to lose at anything.

10 Things I Love About Melissa:
1- When she gets in a crazy mood and laughs uncontrollably!
2- She loves Battlestar Galactica and watches it with me.
3- She is an incredible mother, and is very patient and loving.
4- She is an amazing wife, and is way too good to me.
5- I love to watch her get ready for church - she always looks so gorgeous on Sundays!
6- She watches BYU football with me and yells at the TV just as bad as I do when they play bad.
7- She lets me pretend that I'm a rock guitarist and play really loud in the bedroom.
8- She is one of the sweetest and kindest people I know.
9- She is a talented piano player and I love when she plays Lord of the Rings, Coldplay or Keane.
10- She is absolutely beautiful!

Happy Birthday Meliss, I love you!










12 comments:

Shauna said...

This si Casey
I am very impressed. You are turning into a softie.

Shauna said...

Lets try this again. Stupid non spellcheck button.
This is Casey,
I am very impressed. Your turning into a softie.

Sherry Leal said...

I go to football game just for the nachos, too! Happy birthday Melissa. (Two years to 30!! I'm saying that as a reality check for myself just as much as for you.) :)

Angie said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a really great day!

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday you old fart.....I can only say that cause you are one day older than me :) Hope you had a great day and I loved this post. So cute.

Ashley said...

Melissa,
Happy Birthday! What a sweet post! All the pictures are darling. It was so sweet I loved reading it!! Good job Jake!!

Corbaley Crew said...

What a cute little girl you were. You're brothers and sisters must be just as cute! What a nice husband to write for your birthday! Love you guys!

heidi_eatschuno said...

How fun! Thanks for the info on Melissa. You two sure are greate, it is fun to keep up with you and see what you are doing through your blog. Happy birthday.

hales said...

"Like the dickens"?? Jake -- what are you? 90? (ha ha)

Becki said...

What a sweet post Melissa! I hope you had a great birthday!

metromut said...

melissa is hot. also, are you guys coming to this cold poopy place for christmas? if so, lets boogie.

Beth said...

Jim Halpert: By any chance did you see Battlestar Gallactica?
Andy: No I did not. Was that any good?
Jim Halpert: Actually not. It was really so-so. [holds up stopwatch to Dwight] I mean I like all the crazy monsters and stuff, you know like Klingons and Wookies and all that but-- Sorry was, there something you wanted to add Dwight?
Andy: Is that anything like the original Battlestar Galactica.
Jim Halpert: You what's weird? It's practically a shot for shot remake.
Andy: Really? Huh. Cool.
Jim Halpert: The story's kind of bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calamazin and he has to return the ring back to Mordor.
Andy: [pause] That doesn't sound right...
Happy (belated) Birthday Melissa and great post Jake.

Beth and Alan