Friday, October 3, 2008

Dinoriffic Birthday!

Today is Joshua's birthday, and we officially have a three year old in the family! Most people were shocked when I told them Joshua was turning three. He has always been small for his age. Even from the beginning he wouldn't eat enough to keep a bird alive. The doctor always tells me to feed him all those things that those trying to lose weight should avoid. The problem with Josh, is that he's always been in constant motion, so he burns a lot of the calories he takes in. He is such a funny little boy and we love his crazy personality, dispite the fights to get him to sit down long enough to eat a full meal.

Maggie was in school the morning of his birthday, so it was his special time with just mom and dad. He was so excited for his friends to come over for his party. I threw together a last minute party with three of his good friends. It was nice for all of them, because they each of an older sibling they are fighting for attention with, so it was their time to have a party be about only them. We had a dinosaur party which involved going on a dinosaur hunt, finding dinosaur tracks and doing some dino dancing!


The tradition in our family is to get a birthday donut in the morning. It all started when Maggie turned two and we decided not to make a cake since most of it goes to waste anyway. Instead we got her a donut and put a number 2 candle on it! Looking back I feel bad I didn't make a cake, but I figure she won't remember or care. Here's Josh with his donut choice.
This is a cute picture of the boys being funny. I thought Joshua's face was especially funny!
Josh and Mom making some dino tracks for the birthday party.
Here's Josh with his cool birthday cake! The story about the cake is a long one, but basically my visiting teacher makes awesome desserts and cakes and she was going to help me make a dinosaur cake for Joshua. She ended up making the cake by herself and walking it to my house at 10:45 the night before Joshua's party. I'm sorry Jessica! I did put the dinosaurs on top so I guess I contributed.

Playing with the Pteradactyl. He can name most of the dinosaurs on the cake. His favorite is the "T-wex!"


The party goers! One little man came later so he's not in the picture
Awww, opening presents, the best part of your birthday. He was very into opening presents this year. We got the best reaction out of the $1.99 sword Maggie gave him. All a little boy needs is a sword!




I thought I would become a little more advanced in the blogging world and add a slide show of all the days pics. I know, very impressive. What can I say, I'm awesome. It's mostly for grandmas and grandpas since they can't be around for big things like this. We love you!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a great mom to host a b-day party with little friends. It looks like it went really well!

(I love the donut tradition. )

Sherry Leal said...

Very cute, Melissa. I can't wait until Craig is old enough to care about stuff like this, but for now we just have to pretend he'll remember the fun stuff we do. You've inspired me to change the wallpaper on my blog, too. I LOVE the fall!

Anonymous said...

How fun. Happy Birthday Josh. Yeah, I cannot believe it you're 3 now. Wow, the boys will be happy to have a playdate with you, Jake esp. playing with Dinosaurs and talking about dinosaurs etc. BTW, Josh, what will you be wearing for Halloween?....Hmmmmmmm =)

Cheri said...

Hey guys! My parents told me about your blog. I'm so glad Josh had a great birthday - it sounds so fun!!

By the way, we totally owe you guys and will be down there again for Adam's farewell - can we watch your kids sometime while we're there so you can go out???

Corbaley Crew said...

Party looks fun! Did you guys get a new kitchen table and couch? Living the high life you guys.

Brad and Jenn said...

I love the donut tradition! You're such a fun mom!

Laura said...

Happy late birthay Josh! The cake turned out great, so cute! I am glad to see you guys suppporting Star Wars too! Keep buying!

abo-bder said...

فنى تركيب